Saturday, August 28, 2010

Waiting Children

My heart is heavy tonight as I just finished looking at a waiting children's list from Ethiopia. My dear friend Kelly Putty was just in Ethiopia on a Missions trip. She has a heart to help children find forever families. We met in Ethiopia while both our families were there adopting our sons that just happened to be in the same orphanage. We both knew we were being called to make a difference and not forget the great need in Ethiopia. As part of her trip she makes it a priority to work with agencies on the ground in Ethiopia that have waiting children. This means they are paperwork ready and just waiting for a forever family She takes pictures of these children and shares a little about their story in hopes that God will nudge someone to step out in faith and change this child future. I know from first hand experience that God does whisper into your heart the word "adoption." He did to me and it scared me to death. Was I really hearing Him or was it my own emotions just wanting to help? Sometimes we look at the these children from afar. We tell ourselves that the problem is too big.. What can we do? I am learning that God calls us to make a difference one life at a time! To that life it is everything! Don't ignore God's gentle nudge.. sometimes it starts with just entertaining the idea of stepping out to do something radical. Radical obedience brings Radical blessing! If you are interested in in adopting a child from Ethiopia email me at mmandanis@comcast.net and I will send you the link to look at the beautiful pictures of these precious children who are waiting on a family. The children are with "Celebrate Children" which is an agency that is licensed to do adoptions from Ethiopia. I am happy to put you in touch with Sue Healdburg who is the owner and has more information on these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment